To learn more and register for Padd's 2017 Walk With PADD To Save Lives on April 15th, 2017, click HERE
WHY WE WALK
When PADD was founded in 2012 by Mike and Gina Kellenyi (there were never any co-founders, a local title holder asked to use the name to gain notority in her appearances with PADD®) over 3,500 deaths and more then 300,000 crashes were caused by distracted driving at a cost of $43 million dollars. Since then we have brought this epidemic to the national spotlight with our "DON'T DRIVE DISTRACTED" and "Stay Alive, Don't Text And Drive" campaigns and have saved hundreds of lives. But there is still more work to done to eliminate distracted driving and serve it's victims and families.
DID YOU KNOW?
- On the average, one in three people will be involved in a crash caused by distracted driving.
- Every two to three minutes, a person is injured in a distracted driving crash in America alone.
- Another 17 people will die.
- Distracted driving will cost America $43 million this year.
- At any given daylight moment 9% of the vehicles on the road will be on the phone.
- Driving while on the phone you miss 50% of your environment.
Walk with PADD® to end distracted driving is our signature event to celebrate a brighter future without distracted driving. Every step taken in Walk With PADD will help raise funds and awareness for PADD's programs and services that will serve to keep our children and communities safe. Funds raised through Walk With PADD events will allow PADD staff and volunteers to provide programs and services to victims and communities across the country.
- PADD provides emotional support and assistance with medical and legal struggles that follow a distracted driving crash.
- PADD works with federal, state and local legislators to adopt tougher laws, create educational and awareness laws and close potential loopholes in current distracted driving laws.
- PADD supports the development of technology and current technology that restricts the use of certain cell phone function while driving and technology the rewards drivers for driving attentively.
- PADD helps to develop and implement programs for parents, teens, schools and communities to help prevent distracted driving.
- PADD continues to donate our signature Department of Transportation approved "Don't Drive Distracted" & "Stay Alive Don't Text And Drive" signs to schools, communities and cities across the nation.
Register with PADD® to receive our Newsletters
PADD now has campaigns in The United States, Canada and Europe. With your support we can eliminate distracted driving injuries and deaths throughout the world. Every donation, even $1.00, can help save lives around the world. PADD thanks all those who have donated and supported us as we continue to make a difference. Distracted driving does not discriminate, please don't wait until it knocks on your door.
If you know or represent a school, town, group or organiaztion and would like to know how to receive our signs or schedule a presentation, please fill out this FORM
Sign up to receive our newsletters and special announcements HERE
Long after a crash, survivors still feel the impact. PADD Victim Services provides emotional support and assistance with medical and legal struggles that follow a distracted driving crash.
If you or a loved one has been affected by a distracted or inattentive driving crash, PADD is here to help. We have victim advocates nationwide who can help bereaved families and injured victims/survivors by:
- Providing emotional support
- Providing advocacy in the criminal and civil justice systems
- Accompanying victims/survivors to court
- Assisting in preparing a victim impact statement
- Referring victims/survivors to appropriate resources for additional help
- Offering support groups in many areas
- Connecting victims/survivors who share similar experiences
- Providing supportive materials on victimization topics
If you would like to help PADD in our National Campaign please contact us HERE
Walk With PADD® Forms
Please download these forms as needed, you may print them and email them to PADD's main office or you can bring them with you to the walk.
Please read the walk waiver. If you do not register online please bring this with you. All participants must sign a waiver. All walkers under 18 must have their parents sign the waiver and bring it with them. We will have plenty on hand at the walk for all to sign. Thank you!
Driver Safer GDL
A TEEN SAFE DRIVER IS ELIGIBLE FOR DEFENSIVE DRIVING AUTO INSURANCE DISCOUNTS.
Every school and parent hope for a teen safe driver, and we have the right solution with a defensive driving course NJ. Additional benefits even include defensive driving auto insurance discounts.
Injuries and fatalities due to teen driver inexperience is clearly a daunting situation; however, some significant progress has been made.
The Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) programs reducing the number of people that can drive with teen drivers, as well as the number of hours that teens can drive, have made a tremendous impact; however, this alone is not the solution.
While studies show that reducing these factors does reduce the incidence of motor vehicle accidents when teens are behind the wheel, it does not address the problem at its root cause: teens must learn how to more safely control their vehicles in the conditions that drivers experience on the roads. This is where a defensive driving course NJ can help.
WALK WITH PADD® on NBC 10
"Walk With PADD"
OUR 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY SPONSORS: