Victims Seeking Help or Information
VICTIM SERVICES- 24 HR HELP LINE
please fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible
Register with PADD® to receive our Newsletters
PADD now has campaigns in The United States, Canada and Europe. With your support we can eliminate distracted driving injuries and deaths throughout the world. Every donation, even $1.00, can help save lives around the world. PADD thanks all those who have donated and supported us as we continue to make a difference. Distracted driving does not discriminate, please don't wait until it knocks on your door.
If you know or represent a school, town, group or organiaztion and would like to know how to receive our signs or schedule a presentation, please fill out this FORM
Sign up to receive our newsletters and special announcements HERE
Long after a crash, survivors still feel the impact. PADD Victim Services provides emotional support and assistance with medical and legal struggles that follow a distracted driving crash.
If you or a loved one has been affected by a distracted or inattentive driving crash, PADD is here to help. We have victim advocates nationwide who can help bereaved families and injured victims/survivors by:
- Providing emotional support
- Providing advocacy in the criminal and civil justice systems
- Accompanying victims/survivors to court
- Assisting in preparing a victim impact statement
- Referring victims/survivors to appropriate resources for additional help
- Offering support groups in many areas
- Connecting victims/survivors who share similar experiences
- Providing supportive materials on victimization topics
If you would like to help PADD in our National Campaign please contact us HERE
Why Support PADD®
Thank you for your interest in PADD®. Financial support is vital to advancing our mission to stop distracted driving, support the victims of this violent crime and prevent texting while driving, the most dangerous of inattentive driving.
Why Support PADD®?
- We are just what the name says, mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, friends, relatives, young, old skinny and fat, just neighbors looking out for each other and you.
- PADD is the largest growing distracted driving foundation in the nation today, the most searched on Google and over a million hits on our social network Facebook each month.
- PADD® successfully passed an educational and awareness law in NJ in our first year and plan on making changes federally to protect all of us from the new epidemic, distracted driving.
- PADD® has reached thousands of students and we have our "Stay Alive Don't Text And Drive" signs in the United States, Canada and Europe. Global end to distracted driving is within our reach with your help.
- PADD® will become one of the most credible and best-liked charities, alongside MADD, the American Cancer Society and the United Way.
- Over 2 million people have heard of PADD® in our first year.
- PADD® has taken distracted driving from a statistic, to real human lives being lost.
- PADD is effective, our mission is clear and direct, stop death and injury from distracted driving
- Many people say they have a higher opinion of companies who sponsor PADD® and PADD’s® donors feel the same way.
Does PADD accept funds from the alcohol , tabacco or gambling industry?
PADD® does NOT accept any funds or in-kind donations from the alcohol, tabacco or gambling industry.
HONORING VICTIMS AND SURVIVORS
Behind every distracted driving statistic is a person whose life was full of family and friends, love and life, joy and laughter. Collectively, they are mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, friends, neighbors and co-workers. Their lives touched so many and they will never be forgotten.
PADD’s® Online Victim/Survivor Tribute honors and remembers those killed or injured in a distracted driving crash. If you know of anyone who has been effected by distracted driving please share your story with us HERE. PADD® will post your story/video and be placed on our new distracted driving wall of honor.
VICTIMS OF CRIME ACTS (VOCA)
In 1984, Congress created the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) and the Crime Victims Fund, which provides funds to organizations, like PADD, for victim assistance and compensation programs that offer support and services to those affected by violent crimes. Because the Crime Victims Fund comes entirely from criminal fines and other penalties, spending from the Fund does not add to the national debt or deficit and does not hurt taxpayers.
PADD relies on VOCA funds to help serve distracted driving victims in many states. Although we are proud that distracted driving has been brought out in the publics eyes since our founding through "Nikki's Law", there are still over 3,500 people killed and 300,000 injured each year due to this violent crime. VOCA funding is critical to help us achieve our mission of serving victims of distracted driving.
Please donate to help PADD® continue to serve victims at no cost to the families effected by distracted driving.
By making a difference today your making a difference for tomorrow
Thanks to you and the support of people like you, PADD has been successful in our first four years helping to save lives and create a positive change in the lives of people across the nation. Because of you, our mission to create laws, raise awareness, educate the public and serve the victims and their families affected by all forms of distracted driving has been a success. We have;
On February 3rd, 2017, we served our one thousanth victim and survivor of distracted driving, an average of one survivor a day, all at no charge thanks to your help!
We need your help in order to prevent these 100% preventable deaths and put a stop to distracted driving, especially texting while driving.
Your donation will go to work instantly to help save lives and serve people through PADD's® vital victim services and awareness programs provided at no cost to communities throughout America—programs that would not be possible without your support.
Our focus on distracted driving prevention, victim services, education and awareness is steadfast and is proven as in our financial stewardship. Our expenses to our staff each year is zero! It's common in most charities to spend more then 50% of donations to pay their staff. At PADD ®, no one is paid in our charity. All of our staff are volunteers. Our expenses for office and advertising are less then 10% of all donations.
As a result over $.90 of every dollar at PADD® goes towards community awareness programs, education programs, serving victims of the crime and programs to stop distracted driving.
So there is no doubt when PADD® says your donation makes a difference, we mean it! Your support will help us keep the conversation going between teens and parents, between teachers and students as well as the Dot and drivers across the nation. Your support enables all that to happen
Together, we can make the world a safer place for our loved ones.
Please donate today to help our goal of zero tolerance, zero deaths!